The Boostlingo Professional Interpreter Network (BPIN), allows clients to use Boostlingo’s services to get on-demand interpretation with third-party providers, including independent third-party interpretation service providers under agreement with Boostlingo or certain Boostlingo affiliates (Backstop Partners). The BPIN can be accessed through Boostlingo’s mobile applications, landline phones or Boostlingo’s website portal, or Zoom integration provided as part of the service agreement.
Boostlingo does not provide interpretation services as an interpretation service provider. Third-party Backstop Partners reserve the right to decline interpretation services to a Boostlingo customer contacted through the Boostlingo Platform. Boostlingo does not contract with, employ, hire, vet, qualify, manage or provide interpreters and is not responsible or liable for the conduct of interpreters who are providing interpretation services via the BPIN.
Boostlingo works with Backstop Partners in the BPIN to ensure that they meet Boostlingo’s minimum quality standards. BPIN Languages are generally supported as on-demand services, but Boostlingo cannot guarantee that any on-demand OPI or VRI call placed to the BPIN for a supported language will be answered. Boostlingo reserves the right to change and update the list of supported languages for both OPI and VRI services at any time. Boostlingo clients can route calls to their own interpreter pool (known as “Internal Calls”) and are not required to use the BPIN.
Business hours for on-demand OPI and VRI calls are 8:00 am-8:00 pm U.S. Eastern Daylight Time, Monday-Friday.
When to Preschedule:
Boostlingo recommends prescheduling an interpretation session if:
- The target language is listed as preschedule recommended on the BPIN Supported Languages List. Don’t see the language you are looking for? Please submit language suggestions to [email protected]
- The interpretation session will last more than 1.5 hours
- The interpreter is required to sign a document in advance
- The session requires a specialized skillset, for example:
- ASL legal subject matter
- Court interpretation
- Teaming for American Sign Language is required. Teaming is required when an ASL assignment is 2 hours or longer and will require 2 interpreters for the full duration
How to Preschedule:
- You must be a Boostlingo partner to request a prescheduled interpretation session. (Not sure if you are an active partner? Submit an inquiry to Boostlingo.)
- Complete the Prescheduled Assignment Request Form at least 48 business hours prior to the requested interpretation session
Requesting a prescheduled interpretation session does not guarantee that an interpreter will be confirmed.
What to Expect for Prescheduled Sessions:
Prescheduled interpretation sessions must route through the Boostlingo Platform unless otherwise agreed upon by a Boostlingo representative.
When an interpreter is confirmed for your prescheduled session, you will receive instructions for accessing your session, including an order number. Check with your Boostlingo Account Manager in advance if you need to set up Zoom integration for your prescheduled session.
Billing and Cancellation Policies:
- Prescheduled sessions: $1/minute for all spoken language sessions
- $2.25/minute for ASL calls for legal subject matter
- ASL outside of 8:00 am-8:00 pm U.S. Eastern Daylight Time, Monday-Friday is $1.9/minute
- On-demand OPI “Category A” billing rate languages include: Chinese (Cantonese), Mandarin, French, Italian, Korean, Russian, Somali, Spanish, Vietnamese. All other on-demand OPI spoken languages are “Category B.”
At Boostlingo, we strive to render excellent technology to provide the highest quality interpretation services to you and the rest of our partners. To be consistent with this mission, we have an Appointment Cancellation Policy that allows us to schedule appointments for all clients:
- We require that you give our interpreters and partners at least 24 hours notice if you need to reschedule or cancel your appointment. This allows for other clients to be scheduled into that appointment time slot. If you miss an appointment without sufficient notice, this is considered a missed appointment. Missed appointments will be charged the entire fee of the interpreter for the agreed upon time.
- If a client is more than 15 minutes late without prior notice for a scheduled appointment, we will consider this a missed appointment and the same cancellation fee will be charged.
- Calls that go longer than the scheduled duration can be re-routed at the discretion of the interpreter to another available interpreter. This may result in rollover from Video Remote Interpreting to Over the Phone Interpreting.