The most important thing for a language service company is how their interpreters work. Every single day, language service companies handle many calls and each call is important in its very own way. The hiring and training that goes into choosing the best interpreters is crucial in order to see success in language service companies. However, that is only the first step. When hiring an interpreter you aren’t just looking for success, you are looking for continued successful performances in the interpreters you hire and train.
So, how can you evaluate and make sure your interpreters are delivering the quality service you are looking for? Here are a few questions to ask and things to consider when monitoring their work:
- Are the calls monitored? Your interpreters should be monitoring all calls they are on.
- What qualifications are required to ensure the best performances are taken place? These can include any additional training, coaching, and monitoring depending on the type and frequency of occurrence.
- What are your calls or video sessions like? How are your interpreters acting during calls or video calls? Are they positioned and postured the right way? Can you see or hear them clearly on the calls?
- Do your clients have the ability to give your feedback? The most important feedback comes from your clients. Listening and satisfying your client’s needs is very important.
- Do your interpreters have access to resourceful materials? It’s important to have plenty of educational resources on hand for your interpreters to constantly keep learning new words, expressions, and processes.
- Do you keep your interpreters up to date with new industry information or skill changes?
- Are you investing in your interpreters? In order to maintain a quality workforce for your interpreters, you need to make sure you are willing to invest in them annually for training, new trends, etc.
- Lastly, do you have liability insurance? In some of these cases, things could go terribly wrong. All language service providers should have insurance for their interpreters just in case this happens.
At Boostlingo, we help Language Service Companies scale their interpretation business quickly and efficiently. We strive to help you bring your business to the next level.